Saturday 23 February 2013

Painting Diary 2013 - 5

 I have painted a unit of three dragons ogres this week for an up coming tutorial for the 'wargamingforfun' website and You Tube channel.

I really enjoyed putting these together and painting them.

Seem to be a fair alternative to the Juggernauts in the Warriors of Chaos Army book as they are special choice rather than rare.

At initiative 2 I thought that I would build them with great weapons as they will usually go last in the combat anyway and strength 7 is not to be sniffed at.



Totally different from the Dragon Ogres is the unit of gaunts from the Tyranid faction of Warhammer 40K

 
 
This is the first time that I have used the Armageddon Dust texture finish on the base. Quite effective and a lot quicker than my glue sand paint and highlight method but I feel more work would be needed on larger bases. A good alternative though and I will be trying the other textured paints in the range.
 

 
 
Not a colour I would have picked to line the carapace of the gaunts but pink does work a lot better than I expected. I have yet to decide if I will tone down the lining with a wash.
 
Painted models so far in 2013 = 54
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like those Dragon Ogres, Ade. Nice models and a lovely paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely painted models, good that you didn't take the horned dragon ogre heads :)
    I think a wash would look good on the guants.

    ReplyDelete