Sunday 17 June 2012

Joining the Choir of Menoth

On the YouTube channel WargamingForFun we have recently started covering Warmachine Battle Reports. I am a noob when it comes to Warmachine but with the help of Andy and Chris from the Wargaming Club I am starting to get to grips with the gaming system.

After posting a two part battle report, using the starter force for the Protectorate of Menoth, some viewers commented that a Choir would be a good way to expand my small force. An order was promptly placed and received. Today I painted one of the models as a test piece for the rest of the unit.


I pictures on the box use a more 'reddish' colouring for the garments than the purple that I have used but I wanted the unit to blend in to my other Menoth figures. For the purple garments I started with a Hexed Lichen base coat followed with a layer of Warlord Purple, both of these from the Game Colour range from Vallejo.


The white areas I completed using a base coat from P3 of Menoth White Base (Basically a bone colour compatible with the new ushabti bone.) followed by a layer of 'White Scar'



Gold was straight forward with Balthasar Gold base followed with an Auric Armour Gold highlight, focusing mainly on the upper surfaces to indicate a light source.


The text on the banner was drawn using a 0.1mm technical drawing pen.


The model isn't based yet but overall I'm pleased with the test piece.


Links to the battle report.
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EKWUNKIREw
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkvNdYrlFfY







No comments:

Post a Comment